Wednesday, January 2, 2013


RESOLUTIONS

 New Year is the perfect time to look back into the past and make plans for the future. This New Year help your child make New Year's Resolutions and encourage them to follow them all through the year. Here are some ideas you may want to consider while talking about resolutions with your child:

New Year's Resolutions for Preschoolers
  • I will brush my teeth twice a day
  • I will wash my hands after going to the bathroom and before eating.
  • I will clean up my toys.
New Year's Resolutions for School Age Kids
  • I will do my homework in time.
  • I will go to bed on time.
  • I will drink milk and water, and limit sodas.
  • I'll never give out personal information such as my name, home address, school name or telephone number on the Internet or to strangers.
  • I'll be nice to other kids. I'll be friendly to kids who need friends - like someone who is shy, or is new to my school
  • I will wear my seat belt every time I get in a car. I'll sit in the back seat and use a booster seat until I am tall enough to use a lap/shoulder seat belt.
  • I will apply sunscreen before I go outdoors
  • I will try to stay in the shade whenever possible and wear a hat and sunglasses, especially when I'm playing sports.
  • I will try to find a sport (like basketball or soccer) or an activity (skipping rope, dancing or horse riding) that I like and do it at least three times a week!
New Year's Parenting Resolutions

Here are some New Year's Parenting resolutions for Moms and Dads who want to be a more effective parent in the coming year.

I will be a Good Role Model for my Child... Parents have profound influence on the way their children grow up. This New Year give up your bad habits like procrastinating, smoking, etc and be a role model for your children.

I will make efforts to Understand my Child... Instead of complaining over your child's tantrums and unhealthy habits try and understand why he or she is behaving in that peculiar manner. This will help you understand and resolve the issue in a much better manner. This not so easy goal can be achieved by spending quality time and being patient with child.

I will Teach my Child to Eat Healthy...  Encourage your child to develop healthier eating habits which includes consuming fruits, milk and vegetables and giving up junk food. Of course, you need to practice this before you preach.

I will encourage my Child to take Regular Physical Activity...  Obesity in children is rising because of their sedentary lifestyles. It is extremely important to make your children realize the benefits of regular physical activity. Enrolling them in the sports class of their choice will be a good idea.

I will Reward My Child for His Good Behavior...  For the proper personality development of your child, it is important to praise and reward his achievements and good behavior. Besides, it is also important to show a calm and patient behavior when your child misbehaves or is in trouble. This helps him become a cool and level-headed person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment