Tips to Preparing for MAP Testing
Reading practice leveled by MAP scores
QUICK AND HEALTHY KID FRIENDLY SNACKS!
· Bagel or English muffin pizza
· Peanut butter on a mini bagel or English muffin
· Shaker pudding. Pour 2 cups of milk into a jar with a lid, add 1 small box instant pudding mix, and shake for one minute.
· Tortilla rollups. Roll a tortilla with shredded cheese, microwave until cheese is soft, and dip in salsa.
· Cereal topped with fruit and milk
· Cheese and crackers
· String Cheese
· Whole grain crackers
· Crackers with peanut butter or jelly
· Yogurt cups
· Fruited yogurt topped with granola
· Cut-up vegetables dipped in low-fat ranch salad dressing
· Sunflower seeds
· Banana pops. Peel a banana, dip it first in yogurt and then in crushed breakfast cereal or granola; freeze.
· Celery with low-fat cream cheese
· Peanut butter on graham crackers
· Fresh fruit (cut up and ready in a bowl, easy to grab and eat)
· Breakfast bars
· Banana or apple topped with peanut butter
· Fruit shake-up. Put ½ cup low-fat yogurt and 1/2 cup cold fruit juice in an unbreakable, covered container. Shake it up and pour it in a cup.
· Pudding cups
· Applesauce cups
· Fruit roll-ups or fruit leather
· Raisin boxes or other dried fruit
· Unfrosted strawberry or blueberry Pop Tarts
· Cereal/small cereal boxes
· Animal crackers
· Fig bars
· Vanilla wafers
· Pretzel sticks
· Mini bagel chips
· Flavored rice cakes
· Trail mix