Saturday, April 19, 2014
BUSY, BUSY, BUSY RETURN TO SCHOOL!
We hope you have all had a wonderful break! Please take note of the activities that will be taking place at school!
Friday, April 4, 2014
SIX EASY STEPS THAT HELP CHILDREN
DO BETTER IN SCHOOL
1. Have them eat a healthy breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so encourage them to eat up, and never skip breakfast. Having a healthy breakfast before school helps their brain to focus.
2. Minimize all distractions. If your children are being distracted at school by someone in their class, tell the teacher. Do the same at home; if they are being distracted by siblings or television when they are doing y homework, have them move to a different room in the house.
3. Remind them to listen in class. Listening in class is one of the most important things to do to improve grades. If they can, encourage them to take notes. Notes are a vital part of learning in class. Notes will help them understand what they are learning, and they will have something to study from for the upcoming quiz/test.
4. Show them how to take reading notes. If they must read a section online or in a book for homework or class work, it helps if they take reading notes. Reading notes have been shown to increase reading comprehension.
5. Remind them of the importance of revising ones work. Revising what they have learnt in class is vital for their homework, class work, grades, and the test at the end of the semester.
6. Encourage your child to be organized. A great way to improve your grades is to be organized with their assignments and homework. Make sure they complete their work before it is due. Never do it at the last minute!